- Need Help?
- About Us
- ADHS Forms
- SVPEP Manual
- Arizona Safer Bars Alliance (ASBA)
- Resource Database
- Resources for Educators
- Internet Safety
The following page contains statistical information and reports for the United States and Arizona. National statistics may be released by the publishing entities annually, biannually, or on a less frequent basis. Information is organized by type/agency: SVPEP statistical summary documents, Arizona Reports, F.B.I. Uniform Crime Reports, and National Reports. Older reports and documents can be found in the Archived Reports section.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
According to The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS): 2010 Summary Report, lifetime prevalence of rape among women is 18.3% and among men is 1.4%.
This means in 2011, 31.2 million people in the U.S. were survivors of rape. 1 in 5 women and 1 in 71 men in the United States are survivors of rape. 10 in 10 people can do something to help.
- 2013 Arizona Youth Risk Behavior Survey(YRBS) Results. From the Arizona Department of Education. See sexual violence specific questions/results. [Posted 1/2014]
- 2012 Arizona Youth Survey State Report. This statewide report includes data gathered from a biennial survey with responses from 8th, 10th, and 12th grade students attending public and charter middle and high school students in Arizona. Violence specific results can be found here. [Posted 4/2013]
- 2013 Arizona Crime Victimization Survey. Arizona Criminal Justice Commisssion. Violent crime statistics begin on page 12. [Posted 2/2014]
- 2012 Crime in Arizona Report. This report is compiled by the Access Integrity Unit of the Arizona Department of Public Safety. To find data specific to forcible rape in Arizona see page 34. Arizona Department of Public Safety website. [Posted 11/2013]
- Arizona Crime Trends: A System Review 2011. Arizona Criminal Justice Commission. This biannual publication reports on criminal justice system trends in Arizona including the number and rate of forcible rape from 2000-2011. [Posted 10/2011]
- Injuries Related to Sexual Violence in Arizona, 2004-2012. These data were gathered from ICD codes from Arizona hospitals. [Updated 8/2013]
- Magnitude of Sexual Violence in Arizona by Sarah Henry, MPH at Arizona Department of Health Services. [Updated 8/2013]
Arizona Vital Statistics
- Arizona Behavioral Risk Factor Survey Reports. Bureau of Public Health Statistics Arizona Department of Health Services. [Posted 12/2011]
- Comparison of Selected Vital Statistics for Arizona Residents, 1999, 2004 and 2009. From the Arizona Department of Health Services Health Status and Vital Statistics site. [Posted 9/2010]
- Children's Exposure to Violence: A Comprehensive National Survey. U.S. Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Summary of survey results created by SVPEP staff. Link to full report. [Posted 1/2010]
- Summary of the Reporting of Sexual Assault in Arizona CY 2002-2011. Arizona Criminal Justice Commission. Statistical Analysis Center Publication. 2013. [Posted 1/2014]
- Summary of Crimes Against Person with Disabilities, 2009-2011-Statistical Tables. Bureau of Justice Statistics. Summary created by SVPEP staff. Link to full report. [Posted 3/2013]
- Summary of Criminal Victimizations, 2011. Bureau of Justice Statistics. Summary created by SVPEP staff. Link to full report. [Posted 11/2012]
- Summary of data about non-voluntary intercourse among girls and women from Teenagers in the United States: Sexual Activity, Contraceptive Use, and Childbearing, National Survey of Family Growth 2006-2008. [Posted 7/2010]
- Summary of Female Sexual Victimizations, 1994-2010. Bureau of Justice Statistics. Summary created by SVPEP staff. Link to full report. [Posted 3/2013]
- Summary of Sexual Identity, Sex of Sexual Contacts, and Health-Risk Behaviors Among Students in Grades 9-12 – Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance, Selected Sites, United States, 2001-2009. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. Link to report on CDC website. [Posted 9/2011]
- Summary of Sexual Victimization in Juvenile Facilities Reported by Youth 2011-2012. Bureau of Justice Statistics. Link to full report. [Posted 6/2013].
- Summary of Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, 2011-2012. National inmate survey, 2011-12. U.S. Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Bureau of Justice Statistics. Link to full BJS report. [Posted 6/2013]
- Summary of Victimizations Not Reported. Summarizes findings from Bureau of Justice Statistics, NCVIS report. [Posted 11/2012]
Read about the UCR Revised Definition of Rape
2011-2012 Arizona Statistics from FBI UCR
- Offenses Known to Law Enforcement by State, by University and College, 2011-2012. Violent Crime and Forcible Rape in Arizona, 2011-2012.
- Offenses Known to Law Enforcement by State, by State, Tribal, and Other Agencies, 2011-2012. Violent Crime and Forcible Rape in Arizona, 2011-2012.
- Offenses Known to Law Enforcement by State, by Metropolitan and Non-Metropolitan County 2011-2012. Violent Crime and Forcible Rape in Arizona, 2011-2012.
- Offenses Known to Law Enforcement by State, City, 2011-2012. Violent Crime and Forcible Rape in Arizona 2011-2012.
- 2009 Selected Findings: Recent Research on sexual violence. A comprehensive compendium of national and international statistics related to sexual violence. California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA). [Posted 11/2010]
- Hidden Costs in Health Care:The Economic Impact of Violence and Abuse. Dolezal, T. McCollum D., Callahan, M., Eden Prairie, MN: Academy on Violence and Abuse; 2009. This publication is an overview of the literature that describe how violence and abuse lead to increased health care utilization and cost. [Posted 1/2010]
- National Crime Victimization Survey, 2011. Bureau of Justice Statistics Bulletin. October 2011. [Posted 10/2012]
- PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act) Data Collection Activities, 2013. (PDF) U.S. Department of Justice. Office of Justice Programs. Bureau of Justice Statistics. A summary report of surveys conducted to analyze the incidents and effects of prison rape. [Posted 6/2013]
- Stalking Victimization in the United States. National Crime Victimization Survey. Revised-September, 2012. The Bureau of Justice Statistics. U.S. Department of Justice. [Posted 9/2012]
- Surveillance for Violent Deaths — National Violent Death Reporting System,16 States, 2007. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. May 14, 2010. Link to report on CDC website. [Posted 5/2010]
- Victimizations Not Reported to the Police, 2006-2010. Bureau of Justice Statistics Bulletin. August 2012, compiled using data from the National Crime Victimization Survey. [Posted 11/2012]
- Youth Behavioral Risk Surveillance Survey. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This online tool allows users to select specific criteria such as year, location, and question from the survey to build tables and graphs with desired data. Sexual violence prevention items, under the "Violence" category, include if youth have ever been "Hit, slapped, or physically hurt on purpose by their boyfriend or girlfriend" and if they have "ever been physically forced to have sexual intercourse". [Posted on 8/2011]