- Need Help?
- About Us
- ADHS Forms
- SVPEP Manual
- Resource Database
- Resources for Educators
- Internet Safety
The following resources are organized by agency/topic: Arizona Reports, From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, From the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, Prevalence, Prevention, Policy Reports, Research, and Resources & Toolkits. Other publications and statistical summaries can be found on the Statistics page of the SVPEP website.
- Arizona Safer Bars Alliance (ASBA) Toolkit. Published August 2013. Tools for developing a statewide safer bars alliance to reduce sexual assault. Arizona Department of Health Services. The Bureau of Women's and Children's Health. [Posted 9/2013]
- Arizona Bar Bystander Project Progress Report. Published October 2012. Arizona Department of Health Services. The Bureau of Women’s and Children’s Health. [Posted 8/2013]
- Arizona Bar Bystander Project Report. Published October 2011. Arizona Department of Health Services. The Bureau of Women’s and Children’s Health. [Posted 10/2011]
- 2010 Break the Cycle, Arizona This document describes teen victim's access to domestic violence protection orders in Arizona. Learn more about Break the Cycle. [Posted 04/2010]
- Arizona Youth Survey: Teen Dating Violence Fact Sheet This document gives a brief overview of the frequency of teen dating violence in Arizona. [Posted 9/2011]
- Applying the Principles of Prevention. The CDC recommends using the 2 above proven principles to help design effective prevention programs.
- Applying Science. Advancing Practice. (ASAP) This is a series of informational briefs created by CDC’s Division of Violence Prevention to help apply scientific knowledge to the practice of primary prevention of violence. Intended for use by state health departments and statewide sexual assault coalitions. [Posted 4/2011]
- The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS): 2010 Summary Report. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. MEZCOPH Summary of Report. [Posted 1/2012]
- Measuring Bullying Victimization, Perpetration, and Bystander Experiences: A Compendium of Assessment Tools by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (2011). This compendium provides researchers, prevention specialists, and health educators with tools to measure a range of bullying experiences: bully perpetration, bully victimization, bully-victim experiences, and bystander experiences. [Posted 3/2011]
- Moving Forawrd by Looking Back: Reflecting on a Decade of CDC's Work in Sexual Violence Prevention. 2000-2010. [Posted 12/2012]
- The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey: 2010 Findings on Victimization by Sexual Orientation. Report shows that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals experience sexual violence, and intimate partner violence at rates equal to heterosexuals. [Posted 1/2013]
- Nine Principles of Effective Prevention Programs “At a Glance”.
- Sexual Violence Prevention: Beginning the Dialogue
This publication from the CDC's National Center for Injury Prevention and Control explains the public health approach to prevention.
- The Health Communicator's Social Media Toolkit. A guide to using social media to improve health messages and reach your audiences. [Posted 10/2011]
- Violence Prevention Curriculum from Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT) contains curricula analysis resources and tools intended to prevent violence. The modules are based on the CDC’s Characteristics of Effective Health Education Curricula and the National Health Education Standards. [Posted 3/2009]
- Addressing the Gendered Dimensions of Harassment and Bullying: What domestic and sexual violence advocates need to know. Nan D. Stein Ed.D. & Kelly A. Mennemeier, B.A. Critical Issue Brief, October 2011. This is joint publication of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence & National Sexual Violence Resource Center. [Posted 11/2011]
- Impact of Sexual Violence. This two page fact sheet from the NSVRC provides general information on the impact of sexual violence on survivors, significant others and communities. [Posted 2/2011]
- National Research on Sexual Violence: A Look to the Future. This fact sheet by the NSVRC provides an overview of key U.S. national research studies currently available on sexual violence with specific attention the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS). [Posted 7/2011]
- The Perfect Shade of Change: Resources for Sexual Violence Preventionists Creating Safe & healthy Communities. This research packet provides guidance to prevention practitioners at local, state, tribal, territory, and national organizations to work more effectiviely toward the goal of eliminating sexual violence in the communities. [Posted 7/2012]
- Rape Prevention & Education Program (RPE). A fact sheet by the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence and the National Sexual Violence Resource Center. [Posted 5/2011]
- Reading, Understanding & Evaluating Research. Glossary of research terms. National Sexual Violence Resource Center 2012. This glossary is presented to assist advocates in understanding commonly used terms when reading, understanding and evaluating research. [Posted 4/2012]
- Sexual Victimization Research Brief. 2012. This research brief explores the correlation between childhood sexual abuse (CSA) and subsequent sexual victimization in adulthood.
- Sexual Violence and the Spectrum of Prevention: Towards a Community Solution
This NSVRC publication explores the Spectrum of Prevention tool, which outlines six levels of intervention and focuses on exploring conditions in an environment which allow sexual violence to occur and replacing current norms with norms that promote safety, respect and equality. [Posted 5/2007]
- What is Sexual Violence. This two page fact sheet from NSVRC provides definitions and facts about sexual violence. [Posted 2/2011]
- Year 1 Report National Strengths and Needs Assessment. (NSVRC, 2010). Part of the NSVRC’s three year National Prevention Strengths and Needs Assessment Project. [Posted 12/2012]
- Year 2 Report Innovations in Prevention. (NSVRC, 2012). Part of the NSVRC’s three year National Prevention Strengths and Needs Assessment Project. [Posted 12/2012]
- Year 3 Report and Synthesis: National Strengths and Needs Assessment. (NSVRC, 2012). Part of the NSVRC’s three year National Prevention Strengths and Needs Assessment Project. [Posted 12/2012]
- Annual Report on Sexual Harassment and Violence at the Military Service
Academies. Academic Program Year 2010–2011. Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Response. December 2011. [Posted 1/2012]
- 2009 National School Climate Survey. The survey examined experiences of LGBT students with regard to indicators of negative school climate and the effects of a hostile school climate on academic achievement, educational aspirations, and psychological well-being.
Report from the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. [Posted 9/2010]
- Extent, Nature, and Consequences of Rape Victimization: Findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey. A well-organized report summarizing results from the most comprehensive US survey of sexual violence against women and men. (Note: the report, published in 2006, reviews data from 1995-96.) [Posted 06/2007]
- Hate Violence against the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Communities in the United States in 2011. A report from the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs (NCAVP). The report includes statistics, trends, narratives, responses and recommendations. [Posted 8/2013]
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Violence in the United States in 2011. A report from the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Program (NCAVP). The report includes definitions of domestic violence/intimate partner violence in LGBTQ communities, report findings, and recommendations for policy makers. [Posted 8/2013]
- Rape in the 50 States
Using data from two national studies, researchers at the National Crime Victims Research & Treatment Center prepared reports estimating the prevalence of rape in each state. [Posted 10/2007]
- Department of Defense Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military. Fiscal Year 2011. Published April 2012. Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Response. Sexual Assault Prevention and Response. [Posted 8/2013]
- Report on Sexual Victimization in Juvenile Correctional Facilities. Report from Bureau of Justice Statistics. Published June 2013. [Posted 8/2013]
- Teen Dating Abuse Report 2009. Impact of the Economy and Parent/Teen Dialogue on Dating Relationships and Abuse
Commissioned and Developed by: Liz Claiborne Inc. Family Violence Prevention Fund. [Posted 6/2009]
- Youth Victimization: Prevalence and Implications
This is a 2003 US Department of Justice report on how experiencing violence is linked to mental health problems and delinquency among youth. [Posted 06/2007]
- Involving Men in Efforts to End Violence Against Women. Flood, M. 2011. This research brief highlights new efforts to involve men in more inclusive programming and prevention programs. [Posted 8/2012]
- National Plan to Prevent the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children. Developed by the National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation. [Posted 3/2012]
- Training Professionals in the Primary Prevention of Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence: A Planning Guide. A publication of the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. [Posted 9/2010]
- Preventing intimate partner and sexual violence against women: taking actionand generating evidence. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2010. [Posted 8/2010]
- Primary prevention of intimate-partner violence and sexual violence: Background paper for WHO expert meeting. May 2007
Publication from the World Health Organization that provides information about the primary prevention of intimate-partner & sexual violence.
- Shifting the Paradigm: Primary Prevention of Sexual Violence
This toolkit provides facts, ideas, and strategies about the prevention of sexual violence across campus communities. [Posted 10/2008]
- Where Men Stand: Men's Role in Ending Violence Against Women. White Ribbon Prevention Research Series, Publication 02, 2010. Author: Michael Flood. The report describes where men stand in relation to violence against women, how many men use violence against women, what men think about violence against women, and what role men can and do play in reducing and preventing violence against women. [Posted 3/2011]
- Sexual Assault on Campus. A Frustrating Search for Justice.
The Center for Public Integrity examined campus-related sexual assaults and published articles about the findings and systematic problems in accurately documenting the total numbers of campus-related sexual assaults. [Posted 02/2010]
- Why It Matters: Rethinking Victim Assistance for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Victims of Hate Violence & Intimate Partner Violence. A Joint Policy Report by the National Center for Victims of Crime and the National Coalition of
Anti-Violence Programs. [Posted March 3/2010]
- American Perceptions of Sexual Violence. A Frame Works Research Report. September 2010. Prepared for the FrameWorks Institute by Moira O’Neil and Pamela Morgan. The research was sponsored by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center. [Posted 2/2011]
- Compendium of Research on Violence Against Women, 1993-Present. This compendium lists and describes all of the projects funded under National Institute of Justice's Violence Against Women and Family Violence Program. [Posted 3/2011]
- Costs and Consequences of Sexual Violence and Cost-Effective Solutions. April 2011. Produced by the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence, Provides general information about the cost benefits of early intervention, costs for funding sexual assault services, and cost-effective solutions. This fact sheet does not contain data specific to Arizona. [Posted 4/2011]
- False Reports: Moving Beyond the Issue to Successfully Investigate and Prosecute Non-Stranger Sexual Assault. By Kimberly A. Lonsway, SGT., Joanne Archambault (RET.), & Dr. David Lisak. The National Center for the Prosecution of Violence Against Women.
- Are Heterosexual Men Also Victims of Intimate Partner Abuse?
Joanne Belknap and Heather Melton.
This is an Applied Research paper from VAWnet, a project of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence. [Posted 3/2010]
- MEZCOPH summary of Sexual Assault Among Diverse Populations of Women: Common Ground, Distinctive Features, and Unanswered Questions. From Handbook of Diversity in Feminist Psychology. Abbey, A., Jacques-Tiura, A., & Parkhill, M.R. (2010). [Posted 6/2010]
- No Safe Place: Sexual Assault in the Lives of Homeless Women. Goodman, L. A., Fels, K., & Glenn, C. Contributions from Benitez, J. (September 2006). Harrisburg, PA: VAWnet, a project of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence/Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic
Violence. [Posted 9/2010]
- Logan, T. (2010). Research on partner stalking: Putting the pieces together. Lexington, KY: University of Kentucky, Department of Behavioral Science & Center on Drug and Alcohol Research. [Posted 1/2012]
- Sexual Violence in the Lives of African American Women. West, C. (October, 2006). Harrisburg, PA: VAWnet, a project of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence/Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence. [Posted 9/2010]
- Summary of Storylines of Physical and Sexual Assault in Urban Nightlife: The Impact of Individual Disposition and Social Context. Kavanaugh, P. R. April 2010. [Posted 12/2010]
- Telling It Like It Is: Teen Perspectives on Romantic Relationships. Child Trends Research Brief. October 2009. This report was supported by a grant from the Office of Population Affairs, Department of Health and Human Services, through their Adolescent Family Life program. It examined teen's perspectives on healthy vs. typical relationships. [Posted 1/2010]
- Culture Handbook. The handbook is designed for advocates and professionals who work with victims of domestic and sexual violence. It provides basic information about culture and the impacts of culture. Produced by the Family Violence Prevention Fund. [Posted 9/2010]
- Intimate Partner Sexual Violence. Sexual Assault in the Context of Domestic Violence. Second Edition. A Publication of Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs. 2009. [Posted 12/2010]
- NetSmartz Workshop
This site provides interactive education tools and resources about internet safety.
- Runaway & Homeless Youth and Relationship Violence Toolkit. Guidance and Materials for Practitioners. The Toolkit was developed by and for advocates in the runaway and homeless youth and domestic and sexual assault fields. [Posted 03/2010]
The Power and Control Wheel. (PDF).
Power and Control Wheel for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans Relationships. Developed by Roe & Jagodinsky. (PDF).
Strengthening Military-Civilian Community Partnerships to Respond to Sexual Assault training course is designed for community-based sexual assault programs that want to work with local military installations to better serve military sexual assault victims. Resources and presentation training modules are available for download. Developed by PCAR. [Posted 3/2011]
- Tips for Understanding Rape Statistics. This document describes some of the factors of why rape statistics often differ among reports and research articles. [Posted 3/2010]
- Understanding National Rape Statistics (September 2009). This publication is from the National Online Resource Center on Violence Aganist Women, Applied Research Forum. [Posted 9/2009]