The following resources are organized by agency/topic: Arizona Reports, Prevalence, Prevention, Policy Reports, and Research. Other publications and statistical summaries can be found on the Statistics page of the SVPEP website.
- Arizona Bar Bystander Project Progress Report. Published October 2012. Arizona Department of Health Services. The Bureau of Women’s and Children’s Health. [Posted 8/2013]
- Arizona Bar Bystander Project Report. Published October 2011. Arizona Department of Health Services. The Bureau of Women’s and Children’s Health. [Posted 10/2011]
- 2010 Break the Cycle, Arizona This document describes teen victim's access to domestic violence protection orders in Arizona. Learn more about Break the Cycle. [Posted 04/2010]
- Arizona Youth Survey: Teen Dating Violence Fact Sheet This document gives a brief overview of the frequency of teen dating violence in Arizona. [Posted 9/2011]
- Annual Report on Sexual Harassment and Violence at the Military Service
Academies. Academic Program Year 2010–2011. Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Response. December 2011. [Posted 1/2012]
- 2009 National School Climate Survey. The survey examined experiences of LGBT students with regard to indicators of negative school climate and the effects of a hostile school climate on academic achievement, educational aspirations, and psychological well-being.
Report from the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. [Posted 9/2010]
- Extent, Nature, and Consequences of Rape Victimization: Findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey. A well-organized report summarizing results from the most comprehensive US survey of sexual violence against women and men. (Note: the report, published in 2006, reviews data from 1995-96.) [Posted 06/2007]
- Hate Violence against the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Communities in the United States in 2011. A report from the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs (NCAVP). The report includes statistics, trends, narratives, responses and recommendations. [Posted 8/2013]
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Violence in the United States in 2011. A report from the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Program (NCAVP). The report includes definitions of domestic violence/intimate partner violence in LGBTQ communities, report findings, and recommendations for policy makers. [Posted 8/2013]
- Rape and Sexual Assault: a Renewed Call to Action was released by the White House Council on Women and Girls. Published January 2014. [Posted 2/2014]
- Rape in the 50 States
Using data from two national studies, researchers at the National Crime Victims Research & Treatment Center prepared reports estimating the prevalence of rape in each state. [Posted 10/2007]
- Department of Defense Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military. Fiscal Year 2011. Published April 2012. Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Response. Sexual Assault Prevention and Response. [Posted 8/2013]
- Report on Sexual Victimization in Juvenile Correctional Facilities. Report from Bureau of Justice Statistics. Published June 2013. [Posted 8/2013]
- Teen Dating Abuse Report 2009. Impact of the Economy and Parent/Teen Dialogue on Dating Relationships and Abuse
Commissioned and Developed by: Liz Claiborne Inc. Family Violence Prevention Fund. [Posted 6/2009]
- Youth Victimization: Prevalence and Implications
This is a 2003 US Department of Justice report on how experiencing violence is linked to mental health problems and delinquency among youth. [Posted 06/2007]
- Involving Men in Efforts to End Violence Against Women. Flood, M. 2011. This research brief highlights new efforts to involve men in more inclusive programming and prevention programs. [Posted 8/2012]
- National Plan to Prevent the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children. Developed by the National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation. [Posted 3/2012]
- Training Professionals in the Primary Prevention of Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence: A Planning Guide. A publication of the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. [Posted 9/2010]
- Preventing intimate partner and sexual violence against women: taking actionand generating evidence. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2010. [Posted 8/2010]
- Primary prevention of intimate-partner violence and sexual violence: Background paper for WHO expert meeting. May 2007
Publication from the World Health Organization that provides information about the primary prevention of intimate-partner & sexual violence.
- Shifting the Paradigm: Primary Prevention of Sexual Violence
This toolkit provides facts, ideas, and strategies about the prevention of sexual violence across campus communities. [Posted 10/2008]
- Where Men Stand: Men's Role in Ending Violence Against Women. White Ribbon Prevention Research Series, Publication 02, 2010. Author: Michael Flood. The report describes where men stand in relation to violence against women, how many men use violence against women, what men think about violence against women, and what role men can and do play in reducing and preventing violence against women. [Posted 3/2011]
- Sexual Assault on Campus. A Frustrating Search for Justice.
The Center for Public Integrity examined campus-related sexual assaults and published articles about the findings and systematic problems in accurately documenting the total numbers of campus-related sexual assaults. [Posted 02/2010]
- Students Active for Ending Rape (SAFER)'s report, Moving beyond blue lights and buddy systems: a national study of anti-rape activities summarizes students' activities, priorities, perceptions, and needs related to efforts that address campus sexual violence. [Posted 4/2013]
- Why It Matters: Rethinking Victim Assistance for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Victims of Hate Violence & Intimate Partner Violence. A Joint Policy Report by the National Center for Victims of Crime and the National Coalition of
Anti-Violence Programs. [Posted March 3/2010]
- American Perceptions of Sexual Violence. A Frame Works Research Report. September 2010. Prepared for the FrameWorks Institute by Moira O’Neil and Pamela Morgan. The research was sponsored by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center. [Posted 2/2011]
- Compendium of Research on Violence Against Women, 1993-Present. This compendium lists and describes all of the projects funded under National Institute of Justice's Violence Against Women and Family Violence Program. [Posted 3/2011]
- Costs and Consequences of Sexual Violence and Cost-Effective Solutions. April 2011. Produced by the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence, Provides general information about the cost benefits of early intervention, costs for funding sexual assault services, and cost-effective solutions. This fact sheet does not contain data specific to Arizona. [Posted 4/2011]
- False Reports: Moving Beyond the Issue to Successfully Investigate and Prosecute Non-Stranger Sexual Assault. By Kimberly A. Lonsway, SGT., Joanne Archambault (RET.), & Dr. David Lisak. The National Center for the Prosecution of Violence Against Women.
- Are Heterosexual Men Also Victims of Intimate Partner Abuse?
Joanne Belknap and Heather Melton. This is an Applied Research paper from VAWnet, a project of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence. [Posted 3/2010]
- MEZCOPH summary of Sexual Assault Among Diverse Populations of Women: Common Ground, Distinctive Features, and Unanswered Questions. From Handbook of Diversity in Feminist Psychology. Abbey, A., Jacques-Tiura, A., & Parkhill, M.R. (2010). [Posted 6/2010]
- No Safe Place: Sexual Assault in the Lives of Homeless Women. Goodman, L. A., Fels, K., & Glenn, C. Contributions from Benitez, J. (September 2006). Harrisburg, PA: VAWnet, a project of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence/Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic
Violence. [Posted 9/2010]
- Logan, T. (2010). Research on partner stalking: Putting the pieces together. Lexington, KY: University of Kentucky, Department of Behavioral Science & Center on Drug and Alcohol Research. [Posted 1/2012]
- Sexual Violence in the Lives of African American Women. West, C. (October, 2006). Harrisburg, PA: VAWnet, a project of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence/Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence. [Posted 9/2010]
- Summary of Storylines of Physical and Sexual Assault in Urban Nightlife: The Impact of Individual Disposition and Social Context. Kavanaugh, P. R. April 2010. [Posted 12/2010]
- Telling It Like It Is: Teen Perspectives on Romantic Relationships. Child Trends Research Brief. October 2009. This report was supported by a grant from the Office of Population Affairs, Department of Health and Human Services, through their Adolescent Family Life program. It examined teen's perspectives on healthy vs. typical relationships. [Posted 1/2010]